Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tub Talk with Emma and Grace

Emma and Grace's last escapade in the tub had them pretending to be mermaids.

During tonight's bath, they are playing with little plastic mermaids in the tub in my bathroom, and I can hear them from my computer desk. They like to play what Jeff and I call "How 'Bout."

Welcome to "Tub Talk, With Emma and Grace" (unedited)

Grace: "How 'bout these girls...they are water saving girls."

Emma: "Yeah, and they go around and they save the planet and stuff."

Grace: "And you wanted to help me, but you thought my hair was trash, and you tried to pick it up."

Emma: "And then we saw these people who were bad and they were throwing trash every where. And we had to help the world."

Grace: (in mermaid voice) "Oh No!"

Emma: (makes sound effects for picking up trash)....changes topics...."How 'bout if I touch water I become a mermaid...(changes to mermaid voice) 'Hey, do you want to go for a swim?'"

Grace: "How 'bout I'm trying to get a tan, but I only get a sunburn..."

Emma: "How 'bout I can swim really fast?"

Grace: "How 'bout you tell me I swim fast..."

Emma: (in mermaid voice) "You swim fast!"

Grace: (in mermaid voice) "Thanks!"

Emma: (in mermaid voice) "Hey...I got some new coconut bodywash. Would you like to try it? I made it myself."

Grace: (in mermaid voice) "Oh, please! Does it make you relax?"

Emma: (in mermaid voice) "Yeah!"

Stay tuned for our next installment of Tub Talk with Emma and Grace

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I loved this exchange:
Grace: "And you wanted to help me, but you thought my hair was trash, and you tried to pick it up."

Emma: "And then we saw these people who were bad and they were throwing trash every where. And we had to help the world."