Thursday, January 26, 2006

Cupcakes, Five Year Olds, and Polly Angst





Well, here are more pictures of my beautiful five year olds AND of my Martha Stewart moment (the cupcakes!). At Pre-K, the girls are studying the arctic, and I attempted to make polar bear cupcakes for their birthday. Jeff said they looked like mice, but I told him that four and five year olds would think they looked like polar bears if we told them they were polar bears. Boy, was I wrong. I guess the kids in the class thought they were rabbits! Oh well, I tried!

The individual pictures of the girls are of when I made them pose on the evening of their birthday. I also did a hilarious birthday interview on video with each of them. I asked them about all kinds of things. The funniest answers were when I asked Emma what she liked the best about Grace, and she said, "She smells like maple syrup," which is true (and very observant, I thought) since Grace loves waffles more than anything on earth. Another silly moment was when I attempted to interview patient Grace, and Emma kept busting in on the interview. (Such a bossy boots!) "No, Grace, say you like horses too..." Poor Grace. Other than smelling like waffles, the gal needs her own identity!

Currently, my curse in life are Polly Pockets. Tiny dolls with plastic outfits that rip and plastic houses that lose pieces...a million pieces... is not my idea of fun. I'm all about Barbie! Barbie has hair to brush and real cloth outfits. Barbie has a cruise ship and a dream home. New Barbies have actual FEET (not those little pointed feet, but bigger feet so they can surf and stuff!)

Anyway, you can see the gals playing with some of their new Polly Pocket "towns"...a five year old's dream, and a mommy's worst nightmare. If I have to squeeze one more little plastic leg into a purple legwarmer, I'm going to lose it! Or at least lock myself in the playroom with my old Barbie dream home! :) hee hee hee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, It's me, G. Toni!
Even though I get to see all of you almost every day, I still love this!! XXXOOO

Anonymous said...

Hey, It's me, G. Toni!
Even though I get to see all of you almost every day, I still love to see and read about all of you!! XXXOOO