Monday, January 02, 2006

Twins on Ice



Today our 85- degree luck changed and we got our first big storm. It was very windy and it rained really hard! Jeff and I decided it would be a perfect day to take the girls ice skating. At first, Emma and Grace hung on to us, because there were some big ten-year-olds hogging the ice skating bars (see photo) that are meant to help the little ones learn to skate. (Wimps!) After two or three laps, our ankles and backs were killing us since we were bending down to help the girls. Eventually, we managed to snag two ice-skating-helpin-bars. (Sorry...I'm not sure what to call them!) The girls really took off, then! Grace, as usual, was fearless (and cut a lot of people off). Emma started out a lot more cautiously, but in the end was a strong skater! In fact, by the time we were about to leave, both Emma and Grace skated from the center of the rink to the exit without their bars. (It was Emma's idea...she is sitting on my lap as I type this and wants me to make that CLEAR.)

Oh...one more thing. Jeff and I had a little friendly husband/wife competition going about who was the best skater. I figured that since I was the roller skating QUEEN growing up, I would be, and I was right. My sweet husband fell TWICE (and at 6'5", Jeff falling was like watching timber falling in the forest!) I think I take the Smith family ice skating title for 2006.

No comments: