Friday, April 07, 2006

We Love San Diego!


We spent yesterday in San Diego with our friends, the Saylor family. They had a beautiful camping spot right on the bay. From their campsite, you could see the buildings of downtown San Diego, the Sports Arena, Sea World, and the hills of Claremont where the lovely USD campus rests.

Todd and Nicole both teach for the Murrieta School District. Nicole teaches with me at Murrieta Valley. She is off right now with their new baby Sophie who is just adorable and reminds me of Gracie when she was a baby. (She even puts her little hands above her head like Grace did.) Their other daughter, Josie, is a wonderful friend of the girls. The three of them get along splendidly; they spent yesterday at the campground park and in the sand near the water's edge. We stayed until dark, bbq'd burgers, and had smores and my new favorite treat, brown bears (which is bisquit dough on a stick cooked over the fire and then dipped in butter and cinnamon sugar...oh my!) Ironically, it was rainy in San Diego until yesterday! The girls and I had the perfect day...it was sunny and breezy and just beautiful. I love the beach (always have!). Also, I'm NOT pregnant! I know the picture above makes me look it...my dad calls it my maternity shirt. Yes, Neil Zakar, the man who wore a "No Cerveza, No Trabajo" hat to meet my first "boss" in college, likes to comment on my wardrobe. Hee hee!

No comments: