Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Fancy Evening






The girls, Jeff and I, along with some friends, went to see a performance of Riverdance at the Orange County Performing Arts Center. We got MIGHTY dressed up (using our Christmas outfits more than once this year!) and went out to dinner beforehand.

I thought Riverdance would be cheesy... some crazy dude in an oversized white shirt showing too much chest kicking his legs up in the air a million times.

It was not what I expected! Yes, there were Irish dancers, but there were also a lot of musical arrangements (probably one musical arrangement for each dance). Jeff and I love Irish music, so we were very suprised! There was also an entire number where two modern tap dancers were contrasted with the Irish dancers...sort of a "competition". It was awesome.

Emma watched very contently, and got a little bit bored midway, but Grace was literally on the edge of her seat (my lap) the entire show. Every time there was applause, Grace clapped loudly. She shimmied and boogied in her chair, and then came home wanting to call Grandma's house to give details. My little performer...I know a stage awaits her!

No comments: